SCA Thoroughbred shavings are only produced by machining kiln-dried, pure softwood material and are never blended or mixed with lower grade or chipped end-of-life wood. This ensures a low moisture content bale with a light dry flake – excellent for absorbency and cushioning. Thoroughbred bales are produced from a closed production and extraction system direct to the baler. They are then sealed on line to minimise the potential of contamination, and produce a clean safe bale.
- Soft – Cushions and protects joints when lying down
- Absorbent – The wood shavings draw moisture away from the surface of the bed to ensure that your horse stays drier for longer
- Reduced mucking out times – As wet drains to the bottom of the bed, this not only makes stables quick and easy to muck out but also reduces the amount of top up bedding needed
- Reduce odour – Softwood omits a natural scent that neutralises unpleasant odors
- Natural hygienic properties – Our softwood shavings have a heavy pine content. Pine has natural antibacterial properties that kill many strands of bacteria which thrive in a warm, damp bed
- Dust extracted – Dust extraction process ensures the bales are full of fluffy softwood flakes, no dust or debris means more shavings in the bale for your money!
- Easy to use – We compress our bales for easier handling and transportation. They breakdown quicker than chipped material for a swiftly laid bed